Color Bootcamp with Tiffanie Mang
Recorded Live Classes
Watch Student Crits
Students may participate in this course using just the following colors in any painting medium. Students may also use digital mediums if they wish.
In gouache, permanent white, yellow ochre, permanent yellow deep, lemon yellow, alizarin crimson, cadmium red, ultramarine, sky blue or cobalt blue, spectrum purple, viridian green, and black.
Other supplies (all students should have):
- Small water color palette holder ( I use STA WET Masterson Palette)
- 1 inch brush & 12 size round brush ( I like brands like Windsor and Newton Cotman or Da Vinci)
- Water color paper 5”x7” 6”x8” , 6”x6” / 13 x 18 cm, 15 x 21 cm
- Sketching pencil or sketching pen ( I like to use a pink felt pen that bleeds warm colors if activated)
- Artist Tape- (I like about 1/4 inch thick) great for blocking out clean edges on paper for doing thumbnail studies
- Plastic cup for water (l like Faber Castell water holder where they can shrink and expand but water bottles or small glass container with lid works too)
- Paper towels or rags
- Small spray bottle to spray on your paints; they will get dry sometimes when painting in heat!
Tiffanie Mang is an art instructor, digital illustrator, and landscape painter working in gouache and oils. She graduated with a BA in Animation and Digital Arts from the University of Southern California in 2014.
Tiffanie currently works in visual development artist at Marvel Studios. She most recently served as production designer at Cartoon Saloon working on an exciting upcoming adventure TV series that is yet to be released. Other notable achievements include freelancing for studios such as Bart Kresa Studio, Disney, Huevocartoon, and Universal Music Group, where she was one of the concept artists designing concept pieces for Shawn Mendes’ album Wonder.
In 2016, Tiffanie worked as an animator on the Oscar-nominated animated feature Loving Vincent at Breakthru Films, a completely hand-painted film in oil paints illustrating the life of Van Gogh. Flying over to Gdansk, Poland, she subsequently worked on the film for 6 months and animated 6 scenes in a studio of 125 other talented artists from all around the world.
This life-changing experience prompted her to move back to San Diego, find a studio, and pursue her love for painting on a more serious note. Tiffanie is most well known for her gouache landscape work, and her paintings have been in over 35 gallery shows since 2018 including the 109th and 100th California Art Club Gold Medal Exhibition Shows. She has also had 2 solo shows at Cartoon Network and Crary Art Gallery and has been featured in world-renowned magazines such as Plein Air Magazine, The Guide Artist Magazine, and more.
Tiffanie also loves to teach and share her passion for art; she has taught a number of plein air gouache and digital workshops in California and internationally as well, including Curacao and London. She now successfully runs her own digital and gouache painting mentorships. In the last year and a half, Tiffanie has personally mentored over 30 students from literally all around the world, including Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.