Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below.

June Figure Drawing Thread

• June Figure Drawing Thread

Posted by Drawing America on June 6, 2022 at 8:59 am

Share your figure drawings created in June 2022 with other members. Be sure to ask for feedback if you want it. Critiques and suggestions should always be positive. ex. “Have you seen the art of (artist name), she does something I think you could incorporate…” etc.

Be patient with uploads (especially multiple images). Keep your images around 1mb each for the fastest results.

Images: Art Students League of New York attempted to create the largest out art class in the world at the 1939-1940 New York Worlds Fair.

Drawing America replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Curtis

June 6, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Two twenty-minute poses from a live session, technically in the afternoon of May 31st, but … close enough?

• Drawing America

Organizer
      June 6, 2022 at 12:47 pm

Ha! Yeah, we’ll let it slide 🙂 Where did you make this drawing? Would like to learn more about different drawing groups too. Thanks for posting. Simon

• Curtis

June 6, 2022 at 4:50 pm

Whew!😀

Palos Verdes Art Center. We’re in SoCal.

• Jeff

June 8, 2022 at 1:10 pm

Drawing New York Sunday Long Post.

Model: Sophia

• Lucy

June 10, 2022 at 3:25 pm

These are Rudolph Nureyev’s legs, from a photo. His muscles really do bulge like that, but in the drawing they look freakish to me. All feedback welcome! I have no pride.

• Lucy

June 11, 2022 at 8:59 am

These are Rudolph Nureyev’s legs, which took so long to upload last time I tried that the site crashed. Anyway, they really are this bulky, though in the sketch it looks to me as though he has a disease. Feedback and crit welcomed. I have no pride.

• Drawing America

Organizer
      June 11, 2022 at 10:10 am

Lucy, thank you so much for posting. Sorry, the site broke under such heavy legs! Great work. That brings up the question, do you copy what you see even if it looks wrong in a drawing? Thoughts?

• Lucy

June 11, 2022 at 10:33 am

Yes, exactly! That’s part of my problem. Other than drawing what I see, I don’t feel I have options — that is, to convey the grace and muscularity of those legs, I don’t know what else to do beyond laboring over how faithful my drawing is to the image (photograph or model). I’m sure there are techniques, but I’ve never mastered them.

• Curtis

June 11, 2022 at 11:08 am

👋 Lucy,

When you’re drawing, are you thinking in two-dimensions or three-dimensions?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Curtis.
          • Lucy

June 11, 2022 at 11:16 am

Trying to think 3 dimensions, always. Trying to think volume, mass. But I usually find myself thinking of how to convey that volume; I’m not sure I’m ever able to lose the notion that I am sketching on a flat piece of paper.

• Drawing America

Organizer
          June 11, 2022 at 12:47 pm

I would vote for the idea that drawing is an entirely graphic act and while it deals with representing the subject, the act is exclusively “graphic” ie made up. While I am faithful to the subject as inspiration, the act of drawing is about visual creativity and vitality.

• Drawing America

Organizer
            June 11, 2022 at 1:03 pm

This was not done in June but is my contribution.

The discussion ‘June Figure Drawing Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now